You Want Exceptional Results?
Work with an unconventional marketer and copywriter.
What’s unconventional? The answer has a lot to do with the career path.
I didn’t start out in marketing.
My degree is a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations.
(Yes, a B.S. in P.R. Cue the rimshot.)
While journalism was the foundation of my training, the PR program emphasized how to adapt writing and storytelling to an everchanging media mix and how to conduct research. From engaging in interviews and running focus groups to designing surveys, crunching numbers, and accurately interpreting statistics.
My main reason for choosing PR? Instead of narrowing in on a singular subject, the major provided an opportunity to learn about almost every discipline the J-School offered. Most of the professors also encouraged exploring a variety of interests — academic and otherwise.
As a result, my portfolio of work is a little different and includes a shift toward marketing halfway through.
(Because who doesn’t love quantifiable results and the ability to see where you can improve?)
Here’s how it can pay off for you.
When you work with me, you gain:
- Deep, multimedia communications expertise.
- Broad knowledge gained via leadership roles (and success) across a diverse array of business sectors, organizations, and avocations.
- The ability to pull it all together and help you accomplish your goals. From spotting patterns and connecting the dots to adapting strategies and tactics from one industry to another. Often innovating along the way.
My success can be yours. And it’s repeatable.
Plus, you don’t end up with cookie-cutter brand strategies, content marketing, or copy.
How? Enter The Process.
The Process serves as a compass and key — to understanding your challenges and aspirations, developing an effective strategy, and expertly implementing it.
Get in Sync.
As we embark on your project or campaign, the pre-production phase asks questions and provides answers that guide us:
- Where you are now?
- What are you trying to do? (And why?)
- Where you want to be in the future?
Do the Homework. Then Dig Deeper.
A two-part research and discovery step collects and analyzes a combination of quantitative and qualitative data to:
- Discover what we know — and what we don’t.
- Ask the right questions and solve the real problems.
- Identify what’s working, what isn’t, and why.
- Understand the internal and external factors that affect our efforts, plus the potential impact of our actions on stakeholders, allies, and competitors. And
- Uncover which messages to deliver and how to convey them.
Create Your Plan.
Insights in hand, we create your strategy and a tactical plan.
Where possible, these amplify your strengths and transform your challenges into opportunities.
Create. Edit. Execute.
Here’s where we put our plan(s) into action.
In addition to writing, wireframing, and editing, this step may include providing recommendations to and interfacing with design, user experience, and subject-matter experts.
Do you like to win? (Me, too.)
Let’s give you the advantage.
Before your project goes live, it’s often possible to road test our ideas — with smaller audiences — to better anticipate how (and why) they may perform. (And optimize them if necessary.)
Then as it’s released into the wild, we measure its effectiveness.
So we can improve upon our work — on the fly or for the next go-round — and win some more.
Ready to get started?
Choose the date and time for your complimentary Discovery Call.
“Alison has the sharpest grasp of PR and Communications that I have ever seen. She understands how to create a marketing campaign that works, and how to build a strong brand even in a fragmented and rapidly changing business environment.
I’ve worked with many excellent folks in Marketing, but none better than Alison.”
Writer, Speaker, Writer, Researcher
HubSpot Academy Certifications
- Content Marketing
(Sept. 2018-Oct. 2022)
- Inbound Marketing
(March 2020-April 2022)
(Nov. 2017-Dec. 2021)
Member, American Marketing Association – AMA Tampa Bay
- Finalist, 2017 Volunteer of the Year
- Volunteer/Director of Email and Direct Mail – Communications Committee
(Oct. 2017-April 2018)
- Volunteer/Direct Mail Liaison – Communications Committee
University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Public Relations
- Outside concentration: Business Administration